Thursday, July 26, 2012

e@cyclosporin: Days 74-78 -- Healer of Time

When what we take for granted all of a sudden feels thankful for, you know your life has taken a significant turn.  Because of low platelet counts Ensay could not visit the dentist's office until last week when he finally got the green light from his doctor to have his scaling done.  When's the last time you were grateful for getting your regular scaling done? or being able to ride a bicycle?  He finally got the OK from the doctors to ride his new bike that was collecting dust for last four months and that is just awesome.  Yesterday's CBC results showed his platelet counts up to 73,000 so we're still on the overall up-slope incline and I am happy to share that other counts are also stable or increasing.

Ensay will be attending his High School Youth group's summer retreat in a couple of weeks at a location about two hours from home.  Just about a month ago we weren't sure if he was able to go this far away from his doctor but now he is registered to attend.  I PRAY that he would have a safe trip, one where he will also experience God.

Yesterday's reading of 2 Kings 20:6 (NIV) -- I will add fifteen years to your life. And I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria. I will defend this city for my sake and for the sake of my servant David.'" -- reminded me that no matter how hard I try, I will not be able to add (or take away) time. And yet, God has added fifteen years to King Hezekiah's life. It is truly in God that we would maximize the time we have in this world. Once we all come into this world, we all leave this place at certain point. So, it is not how long we live but how fully we live that matters most. God has, without a doubt, taught us this lesson during this time of embracing the situation at the Kimfamily.org and we're grateful in the midst of challenging circumstances.

In another passage from yesterday, 1 Peter 2:24 (NASB) -- He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed. -- the eternal healing Jesus provided for us through the wounds He bore highlighted how Jesus went beyond the timeline we live in this world. He died and then lived again. As we have been praying for Ensay's healing God has revealed to us more than how He is capable of bringing physical healing but also how He has healed all of us by extending our physically limited life here on earth into eternity; and that's what we will rejoice over in addition to Ensay's improvements. In that eternity, I know that I will unite again with my father and my sister who had gone ahead of me as well as with my beloved family members once I join them because we all bought into what the Healer of Time has provided for us.

WOW Report: Last Saturday, when I walked in to my usual haircut place, I met another Brother in Christ serving in one of the church council in the Korean-speaking ministry (I belong to the English-speaking ministry). Because I had just joined the council recently, I was still learning the other members' names so I did not even memorized this person's full name. As we were both waiting for our turns we chatted a little and he first asked how my son was doing because he and the rest of the council members had been praying for him. I gave him the good report, and then after he got his haircut he left. About ten minutes later just before my turn came, he walked back into the place and then handed me a bag and said, "I got some (Korean) pastries for your son. Please take'em to him." I was speechless at first and thanked him. Ensay was very grateful and enjoyed them very much (as well as other family members!).

No comments: