Monday, October 15, 2012

e@cyclosporin: Days 117-143 -- Fulfilling the Good Promise

It has been too long since I last wrote because my life lacked enough margin for me to post updates here.  Ensay goes in to do his blood count every other week and for last month and a half his platelet count has plateaued around 95,000 to 98,000.  While this is nothing to complain about (in fact, we were thankful for his sustaining), the level of anxiety nevertheless rose during this period.  However, last week's CBC result broke a significant milestone by passing the 100K mark of 107,000!

Ensay's been great at adjusting to the new school year even though he does feel fatigues here and there.  He's also been faithfully serving as the score keeper at the home water polo games.  I wish he were playing on the team, also, but I am sure that he wishes for that more than I do.

With Hannah busily preparing for the college application, etc. and my work for last 3 months consuming most of my time our home seems to have gotten all tangled up in a hurricane.  I am trying my best to keep my bearing straight to stay on course but it has been quite challenging  and I will have make some major adjustments in the short run until things stabilize.

In recent devotional reading of Jeremiah 29:10-11 (NIV) -- This is what the Lord says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -- is full of hope and God's promise that will not fall short.  Even though the seventy years is not a short time, God will certainly bring forth His promises in His due time to restore, prosper with a bright future.  As I shared above, the momentary hesitation of Ensay's platelet count raised some anxiety but this passage of hope and future in God's plan definitely paved a new and fresh perspective for me to climb out of the rut.

I would like to thank you for persistently praying for Ensay's health and recovery.  We surely feel every strands of prayer lifted up through You all.

No comments: