Tuesday, November 27, 2012

e@cyclosporin: Days 144-185 -- Not Running on Empty

As we had just celebrated the Thanksgiving Day, I could not help but to remember my gratefulness toward all of you who supported us along this year's journey through the challenges.  I was also very shameful for not being diligent about blogging here with updates.  I am sorry.


My "engineer" inside me could not resist but plot the progression of Ensay's platelet counts just from early June and as I watched that graph, I said to myself: I have never plotted a more beautiful graph than this one! Neither has any other graph moved me more than this one because there was a concrete sign of God's miraculous work bringing Ensay's platelet counts from practically nothing to almost 120,000.  Please join me in praising our Creator and Provider in Heaven.

Ensay has been a super champ as he had always been to stay strong both physically and mentally through it all despite his inability to determine which way the curve will turn.  We are continuing to PRAY for his complete recovery from severe aplastic anemia even though we still have some ways to go on this journey.  We are also PRAYING that  God would pack in His special dose of grace into Ensay's heart to comfort and encourage him to stay strong.  He's been doing well with his class works, and helping out with his school's water polo team to manage the score board systems at the home games very judiciously.  He plays football with his friends on weekends and also goes to the gym often (and enjoys watching the TV while he's there :-).

As I was reflecting on the daily devotional reading of Matthew 25:9 -- ‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’ -- it dawned on me that what God deposited into our lives to use for His purpose will eventually run out and we need to use the resources wisely to completely fulfill the purpose He's given us to accomplish here on earth.  Disease like aplastic anemia can deplete the resources rapidly, but our own unwise decisions can do likewise.  As the graph above displays what God is depositing into Ensay's body to carry out His purposes, He is doing the same into all of our lives -- so we can live out the dreams He placed into our hearts without running out of oil.  Our prayer to all of our friends supporting us is that God's wisdom will lead and guide you with hope and bright future.

1 comment:

Eva said...

praise GOD!!! woohoo!!!