Monday, March 26, 2012

e@home: Visitors from Above

Everything was calm at the Kimfamily.org home today.  Every day is a blessing.

Some reflection:
As I was having my breakfast this morning I looked out the backyard and noticed a very intriguing shape formed by the leaves of a plant.  I looked again and it sure looked like a dove, or an angel.  It just made me to smile and felt as though God was telling me "I got your back."  You can see the pattern for yourself here.
Isn't it neat to see a hand print of God from nature?

Then as I was walking out the door, I saw a mother duck who found a place in our courtyard to lay her eggs to hatch them, just like we had seen from last year.  Unfortunately I cannot tell if this is the same duck from last year or one of her daughters (they all look alike!) but some how she returned to her nest.

Since the nest is just outside our front door, when I opened the door she jumped out; and when I went back to grab my camera she was about to return back to the "hidden" nest area.  Last year she took 10 little ducklings away so we're anticipating to see how many she will lead away.

For me, dove always symbolized God's Spirit anointing (Jesus when he ascended from the baptism) and so when I saw the pattern in the backyard, it just brought comfort in my heart.  The mother duck was not only a sweet moment of welcoming back the duck, but also a sign of life-giving (to many ducklings) and a joyful time of watching and counting the eggs through the front window.  Today's Life Journal devotion was on Judges 3:9 --  When the sons of Israel cried to the LORD, the LORD raised up a deliverer for the sons of Israel to deliver them, Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother.  When I cry out to God He not only hears me but will answer me tangibly as He raised up the judge to save the Israelites.  This morning for me was a sign of His listening to my wife and my (and I'm sure my children's) crying to God.  Ensay will make his second visit to the doctors tomorrow and only time will tell the progress he's making and we will patiently await God's work in His own timing; but just knowing the fact that He heard our cries alone is a huge reason to celebrate His greatness and a reason to be joyful in Him.

WOW Report -- At work we had a major service outage as soon as I walked into the office and dragged on for several hours.  There wasn't much I could do as our service provider was experiencing issues.  With so many things going on I could've easily been frazzled but I was covered by a peaceful mind to manage some of the disaster recovery maneuvers until the services were restored.
When I came home a little late, there were delicious food on the dining table and I was told another (human) angel brought them for us to enjoy -- boy did we enjoy it!  WOW.

One of the family who visited us at the hospital last week sent us this picture and comment:

Yesterday on the way home, as we were worried about E...
God's way of reminding us that HE is in control.

No comments: