Thursday, March 29, 2012

e@home: We Hear You, Doctor Kaiser

It was pleasant to get a call from the doctor's office at Kaiser today after leaving a voice mail message yesterday and the person was very kind and understanding enough to do her best to help me out.  She said "no guarantees" but she will try to have one of the associate doctors give me a call because Ensay's previous doctor was out of the office.  Later a doctor from that office did call me and walked me through with some information he could find on the system.  I realize they are busy and now that we're not part of Kaiser anymore they are not obligated to call me back, but thanks to your prayers along with us "Doctor Kaiser" was very helpful to us.

The doctor currently overseeing Ensay's case is also very nice and cares very much for Ensay.  We're so fortunate to have such a great doctor.

WOW report -- one of our prayer partners shared this verse with us today:

"Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you will need only to be still. (Exodus 14:13-14)
which has the same message of standing firm to hold our ground against all the commotion from the enemy.  With so much unknowns, doubts and worries, this verse of assurance in God's provision and deliverance was very timely for us to hang on to.  Be still and know that He is God (who created Ensay in the first place).  WOW!

Reflection on Psalm 42:

1 As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So my soul pants for You, O God.

2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God;
When shall I come and appear before God?

3 My tears have been my food day and night,
While they say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"

 
This is the lyrics to one of the olde and yet my favorite praise song.  When I first heard it in my late 20's I was drawn to the musical aspect of this song more and remember teaching myself this song while playing on the guitar.  A few years (!) later, today, I am drawn more to the words of this Psalm because I can picture and relate to the author's sincere crying out to draw closer to God, and to have more of Him especially while going through some very difficult moment (tears have been my food day and night).  Lord, I may feel like You are at a distance, and yet deep down inside I know you are right next to me ... carrying me and my family along.

No comments: