Some of you in the medical field may have a better explanation, but in laymen's term my understanding of ATG treatment is to remove or suppress the antibodies that are destroying the bone marrow allowing the body to normalize its generation of bone marrow.
We were told that ATG is a very strong medicine and will have many side effects and most likely to make Ensay feel pretty bad during the infusion. I PRAY that during next 4-5 days, God's angels will minister to him so all the complications will diminish and Ensay will pass this first gate without any excitements. I will be away on the road the first two days so I also PRAY for Young Joo to manage the situation without much stress and anxiety.
The PICC Line is to have a direct pipeline to his heart to inject medicine or draw blood without having to "poke" him every time.
Psalm 142:7 -- Set me free from my prison, that I may praise your name.
Then the righteous will gather about me because of your goodness to me.
Dear God, just like this Psalmist's desire, please set Ensay free from his prison (whatever that may be) that he may praise Your name along with many witnesses for Your goodness.
WOW Report -- already several of you visited Ensay at LPCH and brought more food for our family. We are praising God for how blessing us through you all.
1 comment:
Hello Kim Family.
Our prayers are with Ensay and your family. I am sure he is in good hands medically from the Heme/Onc team at LPCH. I hope he gets a rapid response from the ATG (Atgam). Atgam is an antibody that targets and kills T-cells, so it is supposed to suppress his immune system that is thought to cause his Aplastic Anemia. I am glad that the repeat CT on 4/27 looks stable and the small hemorrhages are starting to evolve and resolve.
It must have been quite a shock to have him admitted for the hemorrages. But I am thankful that the bleeds were not that serious and should all get better (like the petechiae on his skin).
We will continue to pray for an AWESOME response to the ATG.
Post a Comment