Friday, April 27, 2012

e@atg: Step One

The bone marrow matching test came out negative for both Ensay's sisters.  So we are taking the next treatment path of ATG (Antithymocyte Globulin) starting tomorrow.  This afternoon, PICC Line was inserted to allow IV treatments and blood drawing easier for Ensay.  I observed this process while I tagged-teamed with Young Joo and it was an involved process of inserting a fine tube in his vein.  Ensay was so calm and tolerant of some pains involved in the process, I felt so proud of being there in front of the practitioners to watch him take it like a man.

I will follow up with more details later but the doctor did not want to delay the treatment especially after observing some of the hemorrhages mentioned previously.

I PRAY that ATG treatment will restore the balance in his bone marrow to start producing healthy blood cells again.  It will take several months to observe the effectiveness of this treatment, but we are going to surrender that part into God's hand.

No comments: